‘’O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known;
in wrath remember mercy.’’
Revival is not something that leaves earth to heaven but what leaves Heaven for earth. It is not what you can force or cajole, it is God's work and what we can do from earth is to pray that he sends his revival to our lives and the body of Christ.
In the scripture above, Habakkuk prayed for revival because it was desperately needed. The people of God had become forgetful and nonchalant in their obedience to God. God’s name was not glorified and sanctified. The same is true of our generation today, if not worse.
Our greatest need is not for more crusades and entertaining gatherings, nor is it for more money. The greatest need is for a fresh infusion of God's life into the body of Christ, for an awakening in the spiritual lives of his people and a greater and fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit. This was the prayer of Habakkuk and this will also be our prayer.
Psalm 85:6 Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?
1. Revive me Oh God! Make my life whole again and renew and make my heart right with you in Jesus name.
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2. Oh Lord My God, manifest your glory in my heart, that is
evident by a hunger and thirsting for your heart and ways in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 86:11-13, NLT Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you.
1. Lord, we pray that You would purify the hearts and minds of every member of your body so that our thoughts will always be turned toward the Lord Jesus in Jesus name.
2. Father in the name of Jesus, I pray that we will learn to seek Your will in our lives, so that we will be in line with Your perfect plans and purposes.
And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
1. Father, use me and my local assembly as an agent of revival and national transformation in my nation in Jesus’ name.
2. Father, let there be an outpour of your Spirit, on the nations that will turn the hearts of many to You.